Suppressed emotions are emotions that are not expressed into a behavior that helps the person ease them. The suppressed emotion could be very dangerous on your mental and physical health if not properly expressed.
For example suppressed anger may turn into depression, suppressed guilt, could damage self confidence and some suppressed emotions could even damage your internal organs.
Channeling Suppressed emotions
The following are few methods on that can help you channel suppressed emotions
- Talk to someone else: Don’t carry the burden alone, pick up a close friend and tell him honestly how you feel. This wont only let you feel that your emotional pain was reduced but it will also prevent you from feeling lonely since you will be sharing your emotions with someone else
- Learn about Assertiveness: if the suppressed emotion is anger then learn how to be assertive. assertiveness is the way of expressing your emotions and standing up for your rights without being aggressive
- Channel your emotions correctly: this is one aspect of emotional intelligence,for example When your boss shouts at you then don’t shout at your kids when you return home that day. Face the situation and talk to him directly instead of shouting at someone who is innocent
- Cry: crying is very healthy. it can make you feel better and can remove toxins out of your body
- Go to the Gym: The gym is very good place to channel your anger emotions, you will perform much better if you trained while you were angry
- Be honest: If someone did something that you don’t like then don’t talk behind his back but instead face the situation and don’t escape
- Use journaling: Jouranling is a form of writing therapy that can help you dump your emotions onto papers. If you want more information on writing therapy then check this link
- Engage in self talk: When you talk to yourself in a constructive way you actually allow your subconscious mind to vent some of its negative stored emotions. Since your subconscious mind can be considered a separate entity this self talk can result in releasing the stored negative emotions
- Don't keep yourself busy: In many of my articles i spoke about the dangers of keeping yourself busy and how this wrong piece of advice can result in even more suppressed emotions. See Why keeping yourself busy never treats depression
- Take actions: Sometimes the only way to channel a suppressed emotion properly is to take a real life action. Many people mistakenly believe that everything can be fixed by working on their inner self where as the truth is that unless you make real life changes some emotions will never go away. See Why you still can't find happiness.
- Be brave: Lack of courage is one of the most popular reasons behind suppressing emotions. According to one theory our minds selectively suppresses the emotions we are unable to face. In other words if you didn't have enough courage to face a problem then your subconscious mind might prefer the option of suppressing it.
2knowmyself is not a simple article website nor it’s a place where you will find shallow fixes, but it’s a place where you will find effective techniques that are backed by psychology and that are presented in obvious and understandable format. If you think that this is some kind of marketing hype then see what other visitors say about 2knowmyself. The book “How to get over someone in few days” was released by 2knowmyself, the book is a 100% guarantee that you will get over anyone else you will be refunded.
Did that help?
I need to talk to someone about my problems
How to be assertive?
Tell me more about emotional intelligence?
How to Deal with loneliness
How to make anyone fall in love with me fast?
How to get over anyone in few days?
How i turned 50 dollars into 1 million
How to get over Depression, Bad moods and Mood swings instantly
How to control people's minds
100 signs that show that someone likes you
2knowmyself Best Selling Books