Why some women like slightly older men
According to most studies women in general prefer men who are slightly older than them. A man who is 2 to 5 years older might be more appealing to women provided that all other factors are constant. Women generally prefer men who are slightly older because a man's age come with important qualities such as:
- 1) Maturity: It's widely believed that women mature faster than men. This is one reason why many women prefer slightly older men. By choosing a slightly older man the chance that this man is more mature than the woman becomes higher
- 2) Career success: Many women prefer older men because they are more likely to be more established in their careers and more likely to be successful than younger men
- 3) Experience: Many women prefer older men because they are more likely to have more life experience than younger ones
While the previous points could easily tell why a woman could easily be interested in a man who is 5 years older than her still they can hardly explain why some women like men who are much older than them. See also 7 Reasons you should date a man who is older than you
Why women like men who are much older than them
Why would a woman like a man who is 20 years older than her?
And why didn't that woman like a man who is closer to her in age?
In psychology trying to explain one behaviour by giving one reason is a grave mistake. Each person develops their personality in a unique way and as a result many people could develop the same behaviour for different reasons.
There are however some common reasons that could motivate a large number of women to get attracted to much older men. Here are some of them:
- 1) Looking for a father figure: In my book How to make someone fall in love with you i said that our relationship with our parents greatly determines the kind of people we get attracted to. A woman's relationship with her father can determine whether she will like a man who resembles him or not. Based on that relationship the woman might get attracted to older men who remind her of her father
- 2) To create an impossible relationship: In my article about Dealing with fear of commitment in a relationship i said that some people try to unconsciously pursue impossible relationships so that they always stay away from commitment. Liking a much older person can be one unconscious strategy used by the person to avoid getting into relationships
- 3) That person satisfied their important needs: When i talked about the love map earlier i said that once a person meets the important items in your love map you will like them with disregard to all other factors. Had this older man managed to meet the most important items in a woman's love map then everything else might be ignored
- 4) They are more resourceful: A man who is much older than a woman is very likely to be richer, more experienced, more successful and wiser. In my article Do women care about money i said that even though women might say otherwise they still find the resourceful man more attractive than the less resourceful one
- 5) To compensate for a dysfunctional father relationship: In some cases a woman might like an older man to compensate for her bad relationship with her father. In such a case that woman might get attracted to such a man because she wants another chance with a father like figure. See also Does grey hair make men more attractive
People who don't understand how others perceive physical attraction usually develop the imagined ugliness disorder.
The book The psychology of physical attraction explained was released by 2knowmyself. This book won't just help you understand how the attraction process happens but it will also help you discover how attractive you are and will assist you in getting over the imagined ugliness problem.
Want to know more?
Why do some men prefer older women
Women who like younger men
Why some men want trophy wives
How to use reverse psychology to attract people to you
This is why you still can't forget your Ex
How to make anyone fall in love with me fast?
How i turned 50 dollars into 1 million
How to get over Depression, Bad moods and Mood swings instantly
How to control people's minds
2knowmyself Best Selling Books