I acknowledge your pain
Disappointing moments can be very painful. You work hard to do something or spend a great amount of effort hoping for some kind of a result then you find the opposite happening.
The disappointing moment can be bitter, painful and very frustrating but the good news i have for you is that there is a way out of all of this pain.
In this article i will tell you how to turn disappointing moments into great opportunities.
How to turn disappointment into opportunity
- 1) Accept the hit: So many people remain trapped in their pain as a result of refusing to accept what happened to them. Recovery from disappointments only happens when you accept the fact that you got hit. Remaining in the bargaining phase will only delay recovery and prevent you from moving on to the next phase. You will hardly see beyond the current state of disappointment if you did not admit that you got hit already. See also This is why you never recovered from that breakup.
- 2) Asses the damage: After you accept what happened it's time to assess the damage to know the magnitude of the hit you got. The reason this step is very important is that it will allow you to know exactly what you will do in the next steps
- 3) End backward thinking: In my previous article Why Backward thinking is bad i said that backward thinking will keep you trapped in regrets and wishful scenarios. Forget about what could have happened, stop thinking about the past and start thinking about the next step. When you start thinking about the future and leave the past behind recovery will start to happen
- 4) Plan for the future: Now that you know what you lost it's time to start writing a plan that can help you fix things, bring your life back in order and even bring you more than what you lost. The plan must be a written one and not just a verbal one. In my article Why you must write down your plans i explained how writing something signals your seriousness to your subconscious mind. Once your subconscious mind believes in you it will make you motivated and it will help you think about the future
- 5) Take one day off: When you take day off and keep your mind calm you will be able to absorb all the new events that took place in your life. You will also be able to think better about your plan and get yourself mentally prepared to follow it. This one day break will act as a reset to the past events and a starting point to the new future events. We humans relate with time perfectly and once you create this kind of fictional barrier between the past and the future your mood will get a lot better. See also Why keeping yourself busy when facing a problem never works.
- 6) Act immediately: The bad feelings won't go away for good before your subconscious mind realizes that you are already on your way to solve your problems. In my book The 5 Minute Happiness Formula i said that once you send a powerful signal to your mind reassuring it that your problems are going to get solved your pain will end. Procrastinating or wasting time is the last thing you would want to be doing after such an event.
Aim for more than what you lost
In order to turn disappointment into opportunity you don't just have to plan for fixing your life but you need to plan to get more than what you lost.
If you lost some money for example then plan to get double the amount. If you lost a job then plan to get a better one and so on.
And remember, recovering is all about growing past your attachment to the past and developing new hopes for a better future that is yet to come. This better future will only be considered wishful thinking if you didn't support it by an action plan that you intend to follow religiously.
End your disappointment now and plan for a better future.
The book The ultimate guide to getting over depression was released by 2knowmyself, the book provides a 100% guarantee for feeling better else you will be refunded.
Want to know more?
How to turn negative emotions into a positive force
How to turn despair into happiness
How to turn loss of hope into motivation
How to make anyone fall in love with me fast?
How to get over anyone in few days?
How i turned 50 dollars into 1 million
How to get over Depression, Bad moods and Mood swings instantly
How to control people's minds
100 signs that show that someone likes you
2knowmyself Best Selling Books