I am not in the mood to study
Do you have problems studying your lessons?
Are you not in the mood to study for your exams?
Are your exams near?
I get lots of mails from readers who tell me that they can't study for their exams even though they are near and that's why i decided to write this post to help them study better for their exams.
The first thing you need to understand about studying is that waiting for the right mood will lead nowhere. Studying is no joyful activity and waiting for the right mood might result in procrastination. Just start even if you don't feel like it else you will waste a lot of time before you begin.
Studying tips for students
Here are some tips that will help you study more effectively:
- 1) Start by the short lessons: If you started with the long and difficult lessons your mood will get worse after realizing that you wasted a lot of time without finishing anything to the end. The trick is to start by an easy lesson in order to convince yourself that you have done a good progress in a short period of time.
- 2) Isolate yourself: Isolate yourself in a calm place, leave your mobile phone, tablet, PC and everything else that could distract you out of the room. When you do so you won't find anything to waste time on and you will progress much faster
(see also How to avoid distractions in life)
- 3) Don't study with a friend: While its exciting to study with a friend its very possible that you both start wasting time instead of completing anything to the end. Some friends are good to study with but you shouldn't take the risk. The most important thing you should fight to protect during exam days is your good psychological state and that's why you shouldn't take any risks that could ruin your mood
- )4) Skim through the papers first if you have time: If you have a lot of time you'd better skim through the papers quickly before you begin. When you do so you will get a sense of achievement that will put you in a better mood. Just read the papers quickly and try to get as much as you can from them, if something trouble you just skip it. This first attempt has the goal of improving your mood and showing you that you have enough time to finish your studies
- 5) Take a 5 min break every hour: Take a short break from studying every one hour. This will keep you refreshed and prevent you from becoming mentally exhausted. Each few hours take a longer break (half an hour of example) in order to replenish your energy.
- 6) study in a tidy room: I know this might sound strange but it was found that your psychological state can improve a great deal if you studied in a tidy room. Take 5 minutes to make your room look better since you will spend a lot of time studying in it. Don't underestimate the effect of mood changes on your ability to study well (see also how to make your room stress free)
- 7) Don't start few days before the exam: Many people does the horrible mistake of accumulating everything to the few last days before the exam. The problem with this habit is that it results in tremendous amounts of stress during exam days since you will find yourself forced to study everything in a short period of time
Make sure you have all the study papers you need for the exam at least 2 weeks before it. One of the most stressful events that can happen to you during exam days is to find missing studying papers.
When you prepare all papers in advance you can rest assured that you have everything you need in order to take the exam.
The book The ultimate guide to getting over depression was released by 2knowmself, the book provides a 100% guarantee for feeling better else you will be refunded. 2knowmysef is not a complicated medical website nor a boring online encyclopedia but rather a place where you will find simple, to the point and effective information that is backed by psychology and presented in a simple way that you can understand and apply. If you think that this is some kind of marketing hype then see what other visitors say about 2knowmyself.
Want to know more?
Why can't i concentrate when i study
Not prepared for an exam: Dream interpretation
How to stop procrastination while studying
How to make anyone fall in love with me fast? How to get over anyone in few days? How i turned 50 dollars into 1 million How to get over Depression, Bad moods and Mood swings instantly100 signs that someone likes you
2knowmyself Best Guides