How to know if someone likes me
Just like all my articles, this article does not contain traditional or conventional advice but instead it contains ones that are backed by psychology and scientific research.
It usually takes me less that 30 minutes on a first meeting to know whether someone likes me or not. The following signs will help you increase your chance of knowing whether someone likes you or not dramatically.
The subconscious mind and knowing if someone likes me
People usually don’t declare their real emotions but instead they only reveal the ones that are suitable for the situations they are facing. For example 99 percent of us won’t go to a stranger on the street to tell him that he is looking horrible but our subconscious minds will be sending signals that shows that we dislike the way he looks. (see How the subconscious mind works)
Our subconscious mind is honest and it always sends signals that contain our real feelings even if we were trying to hide them consciously. By understanding these unconscious signs you can easily determine if someone likes you even if he was trying to show the opposite.
Signs that that show if someone likes you (Based on the psychology of love)
- Subconscious closeness: Our subconscious mind thinks in a primitive way. That’s why we may feel scared while watching a horror movie even though we are completely safe. The same goes for love, our subconscious minds think that physical closeness can result in emotional closeness. If someone likes you he will move towards you while talking to you until he becomes very close. If you stepped back he will unconsciously step forward in order to maintain the small distance between you. For more information check out The state of interest in body language
- Automatic rapport establishment: We usually mirror the gestures of those who are close to us without noticing. Try watching the way you act with your close friends and you will notice that most of the time you are unconsciously mirroring each other. This doesn’t happen except with close friends or with people that you really like. If someone mirrors you even though he barley knows you then there is a very big chance that he likes you. (see rapport establishment for full detail on that topic).
- My toe loves you: In my book How to know if someone likes you in 30 minutes i said that When someone likes another person he unconsciously tries to keep him in his line of sight. This results in letting his toes point to the person he likes wherever he is. Unconsciously, your mind thinks that as long as your toes are pointed somewhere then you can move towards that place easily. This can also happen the other way around , if you are at a job interview and you really want to leave then your toes will point towards the exit.
- Extended smile: Fake smiles usually fade away quickly but when a person keeps smiling for longer periods of time then this might mean that he is interested. Add to this smiling for no obvious reason and you can make sure that something is going on.
- Tons of body language signals: The person’s body language is controlled by his subconscious mind. Even if he was trying to ignore you his body language will reveal whether he truly likes you or not. Signs like hair tossing, being anxious around you and larger pupil size when seeing you can indicate that the person likes you. For more information check out the body language love signs.
- Not filtering what should be filtered: Our minds receive 2 billion bits of information per second. For example you are currently noticing your browser’s window, your screen size, the noise coming through the window and the sound of the ticking of that clock near by you. If all of this information was processed by your subconscious mind you will become overwhelmed that’s why most of it is filtered and discarded until you end up with only 7 bits of information per second. This is why we never notice slight changes to someone’s appearance unless we are interested in him. If someone likes you he will notice the slightest changes in your appearance because this type of information won’t get filtered by his subconscious mind.
This information is only provided for those who want to have a serious relationship with marriage as its main goal. This is not a dating website nor a site that provides dating tips. I am not responsible for the use of such information in such activities or from the harm that might result in misusing such information. 2knowmyself was established with the goal of helping people understand themselves more and not helping them play around.
2knowmysef is not a complicated medical website nor it's a boring online encyclopedia but it's a place where you will find simple, to the point and effective information that is backed by psychology and that is presented in a simple and obvious way. If you think that this is some kind of marketing hype then see what other visitors say about 2knowmyself.The book How to make someone fall in love with you was released by 2knowmyself.com; the book will dramatically increase your chance of letting someone fall in love with you.
Want to know more?
How to know if someone likes you, Part II
What body language signs can show if someone likes me?
How to make someone fall in love with me?
How to make anyone fall in love with me fast? How to get over anyone in few days? How i turned 50 dollars into 1 million How to get over Depression, Bad moods and Mood swings instantlyHow to control people's minds100 signs that show that someone likes you
2knowmyself Best Selling Books