Incorrect understanding of human behavior
One of the main reasons some people fail to understand human behavior is that they analyze a single behavior on its own without taking into consideration the psychological make up of a person.
Sex can be an objective but it can also be an instrument that leads to the achievement of another objective. In my previous article How psychological factors affect sexual desire i said that some people have sex in order to feel desired and not for the sake of sex itself.
The same exactly goes for rape, in many cases the raper is just a person who is trying to reach a completely different unconscious goal while believing that he is just satisfying his sexual desire.
Why do men rape women (Rape psychology)
Each human behavior doesn't map to a single psychological need but instead the same behaviour could appear because of many different psychological needs. In other words 10 rapers could rape for 10 different reasons. Below are some of the most common psychological drives behind rape:
- Dealing with rejection: What does rejection has to do with rape? one of the reasons a man could rape a woman is to make up for the rejection he felt earlier by the opposite sex. By overpowering someone from the opposite sex the man can feel relieved of the shame of rejection. You might be wondering why a man who was rejected by a woman rapes another one but when you know that the subconscious mind believes that people who share certain similarities are the same person then everything will become clear. You might fall in love with a woman just because she looks like a woman you loved before and the same goes for rape. A man can rape a woman just because she resembles a woman who rejected him earlier.
- Feeling superior to women: All men want to feel superior to women but some of them fall prey to low self confidence issues which forces them to believe that they are inferior to women. In such a case the shame becomes unbearable and those men start to find another way to feel superior. Sane men will usually find a healthy path to gain superiority such as building self confidence or succeeding in life while other men who are too scared to do this might start taking a short cut,which is raping women, to feel superior.
- Expression of power: The media teaches people indirectly that men are superior to women because of their ability to dominate them sexually. Because of these advertised beliefs some men start to seek that kind of domination in order to feel more manly. In other words some men rape women in order to assert their manhood especially if they had doubts about their own masculinity (see also How psychological identities affect behaviour).
- Revenge: Some men rape women in order to take revenge from that specific woman, from a woman who resembles her or from women in general. Lets suppose that a man had a very tough boss who happened to be a woman. In such a case that man will feel ashamed because his manhood is threatened by a woman and as a result he might feel like wanting to rape a woman who resembles her in order to feel good (see also How your past affects your present). Some people wonder why do some men rape old women who are above 60 or even 70 but when they know that the raper picks a target who resembles someone he already knows then the mystery will disappear.
- Compensation: some men don't have a good social life and aren't any lucky when it comes to dating. Those men are put under pressure by their peers and as a result they start to experience shame. Some of those men start to become rapers in order to compensate for the lack of intimacy in their social lives
- Regaining control: In my previous article The psephology of control freaks i explained how people who lack control over their own lives try to exert control over the less powerful ones they know. If a man felt he is not in control of his life and he wasn't brave enough to regain that control in a socially acceptable way then he might become a raper just to overpower a helpless victim and so feel in control (see also The connection between fear of darkness and loss of control)
Are there other motives behind rape?
Are there other reasons that motivate men to rape women?
Yes of course there are plenty of other ones. Each rape event is a different case and the motivates behind it could be completely different but in all cases the rape will happen to satisfy a certain psychological need.
When the subconscious mind wants to force a person to satisfy a certain need it sometimes makes him believe that he is satisfying another need. In other words men who rape women might believe that they are doing it just to satisfy their sexual desire without realizing that there are other deep needs behind their motives.
2knowmysef is not a complicated medical website nor a boring online encyclopedia but rather a place where you will find simple, to the point and effective information that is backed by psychology and presented in a simple way that you can understand and apply. If you think that this is some kind of marketing hype then see what other visitors say about 2knowmyself.
The Solid confidence program was launched by 2knowmyself.com; the program will either help you become more confident or give you your money back.
Want to know more?
How do women chose their mates
Why masturbation lowers self esteem
How to feel confident around the opposite sex
How to make anyone fall in love with me fast? How to get over anyone in few days? How i turned 50 dollars into 1 million How to get over Depression, Bad moods and Mood swings instantly100 signs that someone likes you
2knowmyself Best Guides