Body Language in Sales
This article is not going to be like any article that you have read anywhere because of the nature of information it contains. After years of studying body language I extracted the best applicable parts of that science and discarded the inferior advice found in many places and so the result was developing the most powerful body language section on the web.
Body language enables you to read the emotions of the person you are talking too with an accuracy that is close to 100%.
You might be thinking that you don't need to read an article about sales because you are not a sales person but in fact that's a common misconception. In the Ultimate guide to becoming rich i said that in order to become successful you will need to sell yourself and your skills in many places even if you are not a sales person.
For example, When trying to get a job you will need to know how to sell your skills, when trying to attract someone you need to know how to sell your real value and so on.
Body Language Gestures and Sales
If you felt that you need more explanation of any body language gesture make sure you visit the body language section. There you will find lots of articles covering everything in detail.
- Negative Evaluation: Touching the nose or scratching it is called “the negative evaluation gesture”. when someone does it then it means that he didn’t like what he just heard. If for example you told a person that your product costs 500 USD and at the same moment he took this gesture then be sure that he didn’t like the price. Talking further about the price will definitely result in losing the sale so instead talk about the value he will get. Whenever you see this gesture while talking change the point you are talking about and shift to another one. see this article for more information on this gesture
- Positive Evaluation: Positive evaluation is the opposite of negative evaluation and it happens when the person likes something. The gesture can take many forms like rubbing his eye brows, scratching them, scratching the part of the forehead just above the eyebrows or pushing his glasses back in place. If you told your customer that your product costs 500 USD then he took the positive evaluation gesture then make sure that he liked the price. Before leaving tell him that he wont find such a price anywhere and this will really impress him because this is already his opinion. see this article for more information on this gesture
- The defensive Position: This is the most famous body language gesture. It is recognized by folding the arms and is sometimes accompanied by crossing the legs. The defensive position is taken when the person becomes offended or when he is not comfortable (you should use common sense to differentiate between both cases). What if you told your customer that the warranty for your product is one year then he immediately crossed his arms? This means that he got offended when he knew about this fact. Whenever someone takes the defensive position while you are talking to him try to be more flexible.
- Tilted Head: A tilted head, means that the person is interested in what he is listening to. If your customer was tilting his head while listening to you then keep talking because he is already interested. see more signs for interest here
- Confidence: Clasping hands behind the back or in front of the body reflects confidence. If the customer took any of these confidence positions while you are trying to sell him something then know that you should avoid debates because he knows a lot about that topic. In such a case Change the topic or the point you are talking about until he releases his hand again. see body language of confidence
- Orientation: If you found that the customer is not facing you directly (his shoulders are not parallel to yours) then he may be wanting to leave or he may be in a hurry.
- Evaluation: If the customer started touching his chin then this means that he is evaluating what are you saying, keep talking, you are about to convince him
- Hands On mouth: Hiding the mouth with one hand reflects doubt. Your customer needs reassurance in order for him to be convinced.
- Rapport Building: Hundreds of websites recommends establishing rapport without telling you what it is or without giving you adequate information about it. rapport building is a big topic that can boost your sales, here is a special guide for rapport building that includes a step by step tutorial (including pictures).
Body language can help you in boosting your ability to sell a product if you understood it well; I strongly recommend reading more about body language before using it, in order to raise the accuracy of your guesses and in order to increase your sales.
Farouk is not only holding several degrees in psychology but he is also an MBA holder, a stock market investor and an entrepreneur. The information you are reading now can dramatically increase your chance of increasing your wealth and becoming rich. If you have any doubts regarding these statements then read what other visitors say about 2knowmyself.com.The book How I did it was written by Farouk and it explains how he managed to make a website that generates thousands of dollars/month in less than 2 years without paying a penny.
Want to know more?
How to become a millionaire fast?
How to start making money online?
How to become an entrepreneur?
How to know if someone is lying to you in 10 minutes (Free Ebook) How to make someone fall in love with me? How to get over anyone in few days? How to become rich while working from home
2knowmyself Best Selling Books