What Is Success?
Success is about getting all that you wanted to have. It's finding that you have achieved your goals or fulfilled your plans and it's waking up in the morning feeling victorious rather than feeling defeated.
The feelings success brings will make you walk proudly in the streets with your head up high while being happy and satisfied.
How to Be Successful in Life
Contrary to common beliefs, there are no successful or unsuccessful people but instead there are people who have the potential to succeed and who do things that helps them realize this potential and there are people with the same potential who don’t do those things.
The only thing you need to do to succeed is to do exactly what successful people did. When you go through all of the information below you will acquire the mentality of a successful person and this will help you reach success.
What Makes Me Unsuccessful?
If you really want to be successful then you should have a solid understanding of certain concepts that can limit your potential and that can make you unsuccessful.
Successful people avoid these harmful concepts and so should you:
- False Beliefs: False beliefs are incorrect ideas you hold about something or about yourself. An example of a false belief could be “I can never find a job in such a country” . False beliefs act as limiters to your true potential and so to your success. Getting rid of false beliefs and knowing more about them is the most important task that you should do if you are serious about success. False beliefs can not only limit your success potential but they can even ruin your life. Some people stay broken for years after a breakup just because they have some false beliefs about love that they acquired from the media. In my book How to get over anyone in few days i explained how getting rid of false beliefs such as "the one" and "the soul mate" can help you recover in few days. This happens because the mind refuses to recover if it believed that it will never find a replacement for the person you broke up with. (Check out this article for more information on false beliefs, how they were acquired and how to get rid of them).
- External Locus of Control: This is the way of thinking that makes a person assume that everything that happens to him is the result of external factors. For example: saying that an exam was too hard when you don't do well or claiming that high unemployment rate is the reason you can't find a job are examples of external locus of control. The flip side to that way of thinking is Internal Locus of Control which is the way of thinking that makes you believe that you are in charge and in control of everything that happens to you. None of the successful people have an external locus of control so if you are serious about success you should learn how to change your way of thinking from being based on external locus of control to being based on internal locus of control. (read how you can do it in this article).
- Lack of Persistence: What is good about having many qualities and skills if you lost hope in succeeding after failing once or twice? The only people who succeed in life are the persistent ones. Those who continue working right to the end until they get what they want even if everything was against them and even if they failed many times. If you want to be successful then read the guide to persistence to learn how to stand up again even if you failed hundreds of times.
- Lack of Flexibility: Flexibility is the ability to adapt to external conditions. It's the ability to try something else or another method when your current method fails. The more flexible you are, the more you will adapt to changes and the higher your chances of success will be. Read this guide to learn how to be flexible and how to change your methods when they don't work.
- Lack of Planning: If you don’t have goals or plans then you are going to be a part of other people's plans. If you don’t plan to be the team leader at your work then someone else in your team will do so and if you don't plan to get that high paying job then someone else who planned and worked for it will take it from you. If you don’t plan you will get swept away by the people who do. They will fill the positions, make the money and get the fame while you'll just be a spectator. planning is an essential item in the success toolkit. Read this guide to learn everything about planning and goal setting.
- Lack of Self-confidence: If you don't have a high self-confidence then most probably you will be too shy of presenting your ideas and you may give up your dreams as soon as someone tells you that they are not possible. You may fear taking any risks and so ignore many opportunities that could have made you successful. If you want to increase your chances of being a successful person, then you must build your self-confidence. You can build it from scratch using the ultimate guide for building self-confidence.
- Thinking that you lack resources: In my book How i did it i explained how i managed to make a website that generates thousands of dollars/month in less than 2 years with an initial investment that is less than 50 dollars!! Don't fool yourself by thinking that you lack resources because if you are serious about success you will do it without having any resources. This website is one of the examples of successful businesses that required no resources at the start up.
- Success related Fears: The types of fears that can affect your ability to succeed are the fear of failure and the fear of success. While they both seem to be complete opposites still they can have the same effect on you which is preventing you from trying and so leading you to failure. If you want to deal with fear of success then check out this article while if you want to deal with fear of failure then check out this one
The Road to Success
If you have already been through the previous guides and have prepared your toolkit then it's time to know how the road to success looks like so that you don't find unexpected surprises.
The road to success will probably be full of rejection, pain, hard work, disappointment as well as many other discouraging things but when you reach its end you will feel really happy and victorious.
You will feel proud of yourself for overcoming all of these obstacles and for reaching your goals in spite of the many things that stood in your way. You will be tremendously happy and satisfied and you will experience the feelings described at the beginning of this article. In short, you will receive the reward of being successful.
Farouk is not only holding several degrees in psychology but he is also an MBA holder, a stock market investor and an entrepreneur. The information you are reading now can dramatically increase your chance of increasing your wealth and becoming rich. If you have any doubts regarding these statements then read what other visitors say about 2knowmyself.com.The book How I did it was written by Farouk and it explains how he managed to make a website that generates thousands of dollars/month in less than 2 years without paying a penny.
Did that help?
How to be successful
Yes, Now tell me more about false beliefs.
How can I be persistent?
how to be flexible?
how to build self-confidence
How to become successful in business?
learn the Success Strategy
How to make anyone fall in love with me fast? How to get over anyone in few days? How to become rich while working from home How a below average guy convinced the hottest girl in town to marry him
2knowmyself Best Selling Books