Motivation and Goal Setting

By M.Farouk Radwan, MSc.

Motivation and Goal Setting

If you don't have a goal to go after then why will you bother do any effort?
why would your subconscious mind bother to send you motivation signals if it found that there is no reason for doing so?

If you are going to sacrifice some of your resources like your time or your money then you must have a big reason to do it else you won't be motivated at all.

Your subconscious mind was designed for survival. In other words the subconscious mind won't allow you to waste energy on something unless it believes that it's essential. This is why motivation can hardly happen if your subconscious mind wasn't convinced that the energy spent will return some benefits.

What's the problem with having no goals?

Not having any goals is the worst thing that can happen to you. Some people commit suicide because they don't know what to do in this life and as a result feel lost.

When you set goals your life becomes challenging, full of events and joy (if you reached your goals). What's really important here is setting goals that matter to you else you won't be motivated at all.

Copying the goals of others is very less likely to motivate you because your subconscious mind will fail to believe in them.

people who set goals control the lives of others years later

A research was done on a sample of people and it was found that only 3 percent of people plan for the future and set goals. What was found is that those 3 percent controlled the life of the other 97% percent years later on.

For example, if only one person was thinking about becoming the team leader inside the department he works at while the others didn't bother to think about it then he will control their lives later on.

If that person managed to become the team leader he will then set the working schedule for the whole team, he will determine the number of hours they will work and the number of days they should work!!

That person is now controlling a big part of their lives!!! The same goes anywhere else, your boss controls a part of your life, the CEO controllers a bigger part, the president of your country influences almost everything in your life.

It was been found that people who have written goals are much more motivated than those who don't have plans at all, simply because on writing your plan you are telling your subconscious mind that you are serious about doing that activity and so it will help you by motivating you.

Life purpose, goal setting and happiness

People who don't have any goals usually find their life meaningless. I am sure you heard the term "finding my life purpose before". Because the people who set no goals have nothing to fight for they feel that their life has no purpose.

Studies found that people who have goals and who fight for them are generally happier than those who don't have any goals.

We all have needs and that's why it's incorrect to say that you don't have any goals. Yes i know that there is nothing in your mind right now but this doesn't mean that you don't have any needs. You just need to find a way to discover your needs then set goals to fulfill them.

Goals allow you to stay motivated

Any person who tries to reach some goals will certainly face some difficulties. Now one of the things that can keep any person going during the bad times is remembering why he started.

When you set goals you will have a reason to continue fighting when things get tough. So goal setting won't just motivate you to start but they will also motivate you to keep going.

Farouk is not only holding several degrees in psychology but he is also an MBA holder, a stock market investor and an entrepreneur. The information you are reading now can dramatically increase your chance of increasing your wealth and becoming rich. If you have any doubts regarding these statements then read what other visitors say about 2knowmyself.com.The book How I did it was written by Farouk and it explains how he managed to make a website that generates thousands of dollars/month in less than 2 years without paying a penny.

Did that help?

Yeah, tell me about goal setting

Tell me about the subconscious mind

How to get over anyone in few days (book)

How to make anyone fall in love with me fast (book)

How to end Depression instantly (book)

How to control people's minds (Course)

How to develop rock solid self confidence fast (course)






2knowmyself Best Selling Books


How to make someone fall in love with you.
Based on the psychology of falling in love

How to get over anyone in few days
Breakups will never hurt like before.

How i became a dot com millionaire
The ultimate guide to making money from the internet