Achievements and inferiority
Any Attempt you take to achieve success or to become superior will certainly be of a great benefit to your life ,however, all of these achievements will act as a crust that covers the inferiority complex you suffer from instead of helping you get over it.
Overcoming inferiority complex can never happen by collecting money, authority, power or social approval simply because any attempt that you take to gain self-worth based on materialistic achievements will result in the loss of this self worth as soon as you lose these achievements.
The same thing exactly goes for affirmations that some people use to help them get rid of inferiority complex. The problem with affirmations is that they tend to help the person create a lie and live it without treating the underlying cause for his inferiority and that's why his feelings of inferiority will never disappear.
Ignoring your inferiority feelings, keeping yourself busy or trying to act as if they are not there will definitely result in depression. In my book, The ultimate guide to getting over depression i explained how acting like you don't notice your problems can result in depression.
Depression can be nothing more than a feeling the person gets when he ignores issues that are important to him instead of trying to deal with them.
Dealing with inferiority complex
First of all you must determine the root cause for your inferiority. This root cause may be as simple as a bad childhood experience such as rejection or being called names like dumb or stupid.
Determining the root cause for your inferiority is an essential step that can help you get over it quickly. Try to recall your childhood and remember the bad experiences you have been through. In many cases these bad experiences might be buried in the unconscious mind because of the pain associated with bringing them to the surface.
After determining the root cause of your inferiority complex you can use the following methods to overcome it:
- Change your thoughts by changing your negative self talk:
Negative self-talk are the phrases or words you use while talking to yourself. Whenever you find that you are using phrases like: "I know she won’t accept me because I am ugly" or "I am the worst dressed person in this party" just stop and fix your self-talk. CBT is a very effective method that can help you fix your negative self-talk and get over your inferiority complex.
- You don't carry the blame for the ignorance of others: Always remind yourself that you can't be worthless just because someone who was uninformed called you stupid when you were a child. Do you believe that you’re of no value just because you met a sick teacher who shouted at you or made you feel worthless?? You can't determine your worth based on previous experiences that you can't be blamed for. You were a child who knew nothing about the world and you just accepted the input you heard from others. If others called you stupid because of their own inferiority then this doesn't mean that you must believe them. Keep on repeating those thoughts to yourself whenever you feel inferior until they become an unconscious thinking pattern that automatically fires whenever you feel inferior. You also can use CBT, which is a method that can help you control your emotions by controlling your thoughts, to create thinking patterns that can help you end your feelings of inferiority
- Fix your mental self image: In some cases when a person feels inferior his self image becomes affected too. Your self image is the image you have for yourself in your mind. Sometimes this image gets permanently modified as a result of the feelings of inferiority a person experienced. Fixing your mental self-image is one of the most powerful actions you can do to combat the inferiority complex. When the inferiority complex is based on a false belief (such as thinking that you are stupid/ugly) then fixing the mental self image will certainly end the inferiority complex. Once you convince yourself that you were fooled and that you were carrying a false belief you will be able to get rid of your inferiority complex.
- Remove the labels that you have acquired : Removing labels is another effective thing you can do to get rid of an inferiority complex. Labels are words that describe certain bad traits such fool, idiot, stupid or whatever .Getting rid of those labels can give you a strong push forward towards overcoming those feelings of inferiority.
- Install new beliefs using hypnosis: Using hypnosis and suggestions to install new beliefs about yourself is a very powerful technique for combating inferiority complex. However, it might require a lot of effort for you to do it alone and you might need someone knowledgeable of hypnosis to help you.
- Build your self confidence: Increasing your self-esteem or self-confidence will help a lot. Self confidence and inferiority are opposites. If you managed to acquire one of them the other will leave you. Building self confidence will certainly help you feel worthy and thus overcome your inferiority. Here is how to build your self confidence
2knowmyself is not a simple article website nor is it a place of shallow fixes; it’s a place where you will find effective techniques that are backed by psychology and presented in an obvious and understandable format. If you think that this is some kind of marketing hype then see Why is 2knowmyself Different.The book How to make someone fall in love with you was released by 2knowmyself.com; the book will dramatically increase your chance of letting someone fall in love with you.
Did that help?
How to build confidence?
How to gain self confidence?
How to use CBT to get over inferiority
How to use hypnosis
how to build confidence?
How to make anyone fall in love with me fast?
How to get over anyone in few days?
How i turned 50 dollars into 1 million
How to get over Depression, Bad moods and Mood swings instantly
How to control people's minds
How to become extremely happy in 5 minutes
100 signs that show that someone likes you
2knowmyself Best Selling Books